Dance into the light by Phil Collins reminds me of Dance the night away by Van Halen.
I was thinking whilst listening to Phil that maybe I'm more partial to Peter (for mononymical reasons) and then I remembered that I've practically been hit by a Sledgehammer before. It is a whimsical and 'papercollagey' music video, and I can't for the life of me remember seeing Phil on YouTube/MTV, but I know that the aforementioned video stars Peter and it was definitely an exciting, groundbreaking, and culturally significant video.
I tend to think of Phil as being more over the airwaves, more poppy; this is probably due to, again, mononymical reasons; they're both superstars regardless.
Van Halen is always about shredding and switching - they're fairly unique in that the drummer and the guitarist are sometimes the same. Also, M&Ms need to be brown otherwise their pyrotechnics suck.
Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment